Will BigCommerce Work for You?
BigCommerce caters to online retailers across the eCommerce spectrum, built to accommodate those new to the game and experts. The platform takes care of the web design elements that most of us have no clue about, offering templates that are easy to use and that allow users to create online stores that look like they were designed by professionals.
Still – for the more tech-savvy online retailers – BigCommerce allows users to tweak and work on the CSS and HTML of their stores, so you can still hit those design and customization goals.
BigCommerce is perfect for you if you are a:
1. New Store with Big Ambitions
The platform is very scalable and loaded with growth-friendly SEO and marketing features. So users won’t need to look elsewhere once their stores start to take off. BigCommerce’s varied plans mean upgrading to a higher level to accommodate fast growth is easy.
2. Store with a Presence on Other Platforms (i.e. Amazon or eBay)
BigCommerce is great if you’ve already got stores up and running elsewhere. The platform is the perfect alternative and boasts integration capacity with, for example, Amazon. You can use the Amazon Import and Link to import all of your Amazon products in one shot.
3. Large Existing eCommerce stores
Often online stores outgrow their current platforms. BigCommerce is a natural next step for big stores wanting to tap into a new eCommerce market, and with the platform making migration a walk in the park, is a natural choice.
4. B2C and B2B Retailers
It doesn’t matter if you’re targeting other businesses or consumers. BigCommerce caters to all. From peddling handmade craft items to dropshipping big textile orders, the platform can handle almost every online retailer imaginable.
While BigCommerce is geared toward pretty much anyone of any experience level, the platform isn’t ideally suited for:
- Online retailers in a hurry – If your offerings are time sensitive and you’re looking to get them online for sale as soon as possible, you’re probably going to find getting started on BigCommerce a little frustrating.
- Niche or small-scale stores – Selling only a few limited items? While stores with limited products are welcome on BigCommerce, you’ll end up missing out on some incredible scaling potential. Rather consider alternatives like Wix if you aren’t looking to grow your online store.