Best Social Media Holidays in October
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
It can be challenging to keep up with constantly posting new content on social media. However, if you run a Facebook group, work in social media marketing, or are simply trying to raise awareness of your brand, you need to be posting regularly on social media. Luckily, there are a number of holidays each October that you can post about, if you are struggling to find new inspiration. Below is a list of the best social media holidays in October.
October Social Media Holidays
While this is not an exhaustive list of holidays (especially in the broader list of holidays celebrated globally), hopefully these major holidays can provide some inspiration for new posts!
- International Day of Non-Violence (United Nations) – October 2nd
- World Habitat Day (United Nations) – October 4th
- National Day (China) – October 1st
- Columbus Day (USA) – Second Monday in October
- International Day of Older Persons (United Nations) – October 1st
- World Teacher’s Day (UNESCO) – October 5th
- International Day of the Girl Child (United Nations) – October 11th
- World Mental Health Day (World Health Organization) – October 10th
- National Coming Out Day (USA) – October 11th
- World Sight Day (World Health Organization) – Second Thursday in October
- National Pasta Day (USA) – October 17th
- Sweetest Day (USA) – Third Saturday in October
- International Day for Natural Disaster Reduction (United Nations) – October 13th
- Halloween – October 31st
- National Pumpkin Day (USA) – October 26th
- World Food Day (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) – October 16th
- National Chess Day (USA) – Second Saturday in October
- National Dessert Day (USA) – October 14th
- International Day for the Eradication of Poverty (United Nations) – October 17th
- National Angel Food Cake Day (USA) – October 10th
- National Bologna Day (USA) – October 24th
- National Seafood Bisque Day (USA) – October 25th
- National Mincemeat Day (USA) – October 31st
- National Apple Jack Day (USA) – October 25th
- National Deviled Egg Day (USA) – Second Thursday in October
I hope you found this article on the best social media holidays in October 2023, useful! It can be tough to keep up with the demands of social media, but with some careful planning, you can greatly reduce your stress!