Best Wix Apps
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. For more information, read our full affiliate disclosure here.
If you don’t already have Wix, try it for free! Wix makes it ridiculously simple to create and showcase your website and eCommerce stores.
Founder, Blogging Guide
If you are a new or existing business owner, blogger, creator or freelancer, you most likely have heard about Wix. This platform is one of the most popular and powerful website builders of its kind.
One reason why Wix is widely used is the number of apps available to users in the Wix AppMarket. In this article, we will explore some of the top Wix apps. For those who are not too familiar with Wix, here is a brief overview.
What is Wix?
Wix is an online platform that allows users to build their own websites without requiring any coding experience. People without any technical background or related skills can create their own professional-looking website using Wix. The range of tools and resources offered by Wix makes it possible to edit your website with literal mouse clicks, instead of having to manually write code.
Wix was founded in 2006 and is estimated to have over 200 million global users to date. While Wix is free to use, many of its best features are only available to paying subscribers. These features and perks include your own custom domain, ad-free experience, and enhanced analytics.
What Are Wix Apps
Depending on the type of website you are building, you will need to add certain functionalities to achieve the outcome you desire. These functionalities can be anything from inserting social share buttons to adding a blog page onto your existing website.
Traditionally, you would have to hire a web developer to create additional functions and features. However, the availability of relevant apps means you can make changes to your website with ease. With that said, the Wix app store contains software that you can use to update and modify the functions of your website. There are well over 400 apps in the Wix AppMarket, and the number keeps growing.
Wix apps fall into the following main categories:
- Sell Online (ecommerce)
- Services & Events
- Media & Content
- Design Elements
In addition, Wix further segments its apps into several sub-categories, including “Team Picks,” “Newest Apps,” “Popular This Month,” “Made by Wix,” “Social Apps,” and “Wix Business Solutions.”
So, what are the top go-to Wix apps in the respective categories?
1. Poptin: Smart Pop-ups and Forms
As the title suggests, Poptin is all about creating popups and forms for your website. As a Wix app, Poptin helps users build fully customizable popups and forms. These forms and popups can help in a variety of use cases, such as engaging with visitors, capturing leads and subscribers’ information, and reducing cart abandonment.
- Drag and drop editor
- Includes a variety of advanced triggers and targeting options
- Responsive templates
- Ability to send automatic newsletters
- Integrates with 70+ native apps
Pricing: Comes with a free plan for up to 1,000 website visitors. Paid plans start at $20 per month and offer perks such as increased website visitors and removal of Poptin branding.
2. Get Google Ads
Google ads are an easy and effective way to advertise one’s business online. With Google’s targeting tools, you can reach consumers in your niche and geographic area. Get Google Ads simplifies the creation of relevant ad campaigns that will make it easier for consumers to learn about your offerings. In addition, the app provides data on how your campaigns are performing.
- Easy to set up and use
- Quick and easy ad creation (in as little as five minutes)
- Auto generates keywords and ad content based on type of business
Pricing: While Get Google Ads is free to install by Wix users, a premium account is required in order to utilize its features. The cost is $75 per month
Minta is an automated content marketing solution that can generate videos and images that are optimized for social media. In addition, the app assists with planning and managing your social media strategy. Minta comes with a raft of customization features, allowing you to create images and videos that are in sync with your branding.
- Easy to set up and launch
- Generates relevant marketing images and videos from product catalog
- Posts content to Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Social media content scheduling for up to 30 days in advance
- Ability to customize text, music, product images, and content style
Pricing: A premium plan is required to use Minta. There are three plans, separated mainly by the amount of posts. The Pro Plan costs $20.75, while the Growth Plan is for $33 per month. The Enterprise Plan costs $400 per month and offers the additional benefit of an account manager.
4. Popify Sales Popups and Discounts
Popify allows online sellers on Wix to show social proof and popup notifications that could help to generate more sales from prospective buyers. The Wix app does this with recent sales/orders popups, add to cart notifications, special offer popups, and more. Popify offers beautiful templates and customization features so you can create eye-catching popups to fit your brand image.
- Customizable pop up designs
- Abandoned cart recovery push notifications
- Display products that have been added to cart
- Ability to show a stream of recent sales or orders
- Allows for the promotion of sales and discount coupons
Pricing: Three-day free trial available, after which a premium subscription is required. Plans start at $11.95/month for up to 10,000 monthly visitors (Starter Plan). The Growth Plan costs $19.95/month for up to 20,000 visitors, and the Advanced Plan covers 50,000 visitors for $39.95/month.
5. Visitor Analytics
Visitor Analytics is a free app that helps you analyze your website visitors and get insight into consumer behavior. The app provides statistics on visitor count, conversions, devices being used, page views per visit, bounce rate, and more. In addition, heat maps allow you to see how people are using your website, and you can use polls and surveys to get feedback.
- User-friendly interface and dashboard
- Does not require cookies for tracking
- Uses GDPR and CCPA compliant tracking technology
- Available in 20 languages
- Generates videos showing activity of website visitors
Pricing: Free plan covers up to 400 page visits per month. Plans start at $7.46 per month for up to 100,000 page visits.
6. Wix Stores
Wix Stores is a professional ecommerce solution that assists in all areas of building and running an online store. The Wix app is already used by millions of businesses globally. The platform easily integrates with all Wix templates and carries a variety of ecommerce functions, from page design and order management to inventory management and SEO planning.
- Supports multiple sales channels
- Includes dropshipping and print-on-demand services
- Checkout optimization
- Multiple online and offline payment options
- Supports over 30 languages
Pricing: While free to install, the cost for Wix Stores depends on the selected Wix subscription.
7. QuickBooks Connector
QuickBooks Connector is a service that enables you to connect your online store with a QuickBooks account. The app allows you to export order data from your store directly into QuickBooks and then access the data from within the app. QuickBooks Connector also eliminates the need to manually enter accounting data.
- Automatically retrieves sales and orders data
- Maps tax codes between store and QuickBooks
- Easily automates accounting
- No technical knowledge required to connect apps and sync data
- Pricing: Free with a QuickBooks account.
8. Modalyst – Dropshipping
For those wishing to conduct a dropshipping business via Wix, Modalyst is one of the ideal solutions to consider. The app connects users to a variety of dropshipping and print-on-demand suppliers. In addition, Modalyst integrates seamlessly with any Wix site and allows you to customize product pages to suit your existing store design.
- Eliminates risks associated with inventory and overhead costs
- Connects to thousands of suppliers and products in various categories
- Automation tools simplify online selling
- Requires installation of the Wix Stores app
Pricing: Free plan available for up to 25 products and unlimited orders. Paid options include Startup Plan for $30/month, which covers up to 250 products, and the Pro Plan for $67/month which allows unlimited products and other perks.
9. PayPal Button
With over 400 million users, PayPal is easily one of the most popular choices for online payments. The PayPal Button Wix app allows you to add a custom payment button on your website to simplify the checkout process. The app can facilitate payments, subscriptions, offline payments, and donations via PayPal, as well as Stripe transactions involving credit cards.
- Allows payments in 25 different currencies
- Suitable for all kinds of Wix sites
- Ability to add shipping and tax costs
- Auto-response confirmation emails when payments are completed
- Customizable button to suit brand colors, fonts, text, and icons
Pricing: Basic Plan is free and covers up to 25 transactions per month and recurring subscriptions. Paid plans range from $3.18 per month to $15.95 per month, separated by increasing numbers of transactions per month and other upgrades.
As the name suggests, the Wix Calendar app allows users to quickly and easily create new events, as well as retrieve RSVPs and even sell tickets online. The app integrates well with Wix website templates and is customizable to suit your branding. A user-friendly dashboard also makes it easy to view and manage events.
- Six different event layouts
- Syncs with other calendars such as Google, Zoom, and Eventbrite
- Multiple calendar views including monthly, weekly, daily, and map
- Mobile friendly
- Supports over two dozen languages
Pricing: Basic Plan allows the addition of 10 events. Paid plans range from $3.99 to $14.99 per month, with upgrades such as unlimited events, removal of ads, and guest registration.
11. Wix Bookings
Wix Bookings helps you to book and manage clients efficiently through your Wix website or mobile app. The app offers everything to schedule appointments, organize your calendar, set up group sessions, create memberships and packages, and accept payments. Wix Bookings is easy to use and mobile friendly, so you can stay ahead while on the go.
- Full client management capabilities
- Includes SMS and email reminders
- Syncs with Google Calendar
- Accepts payments, bookings, registrations, chats, and more
Pricing: Free to install with a Wix subscription.
12. Vcita Online Scheduling
Vcita is more than just a scheduling app. The platform can help users manage all aspects of their client-based businesses. Allow clients to set up appointments, book your services, and get details about your offerings. Vcita also comes with a CRM that helps with organizing client data, and you can even collect payments through the app.
- Automated online scheduling
- Includes marketing templates to showcase your business
- Syncs with external calendars
- Ability to send automatic SMS and email reminders
- Supports eight languages
Pricing: Online scheduling plan costs $12/month. The Ultimate Plan is $18/month and has additional benefits of Stripe, Square, and PayPal integration. The Teams Plan costs $45/month and accommodates up to two team members, along with bulk selling and marketing campaign benefits.
13. iPlayerHD Video Hosting
iPlayerHD is a video hosting platform that allows you to store and display ad-free videos on your website. As a Wix app, iPlayer HD provides an easy-to-use interface, excellent image quality, and a customizable player.
- Video upload and management
- Social sharing capabilities
- Ability to create playlists
- Subtitling and closed captioning
- Password protection
Pricing: Free plan gives access to most features. Premium plan costs $9.16 per month and includes additional benefits such as 1 TB bandwidth capacity, playlists, and detailed analytics.
14. Custom Background Music
With the Custom Background Music app, you can set a song or piece of music to play in the background of your Wix site. You can choose from hundreds of royalty-free compositions, holiday music, or even use the top TikTok songs of the week. What’s more, you can select specific pages of your website for background music and use auto-loop for continuous playback.
- Ability to add your own music or choose from available royalty-free songs
- Volume control
- Customizable widget
- Play music across website or only on a specific page(s)
Pricing: Free plan gives access to 100 royalty-free songs. Paid plan costs $1.99 per month and offers the additional benefits of using your own music, TikTok songs of the week, and more.
15. Virtual Tours
A great visual experience is essential for any business – more so for those trying to attract customers to various spaces. Think restaurants, real estate agents, accommodation and entertainment venues etc. This is where Virtual Tours comes in. The Wix app makes it easy to showcase your business online using 360 degree VR experiences via your own photos.
- Supports both professional and panoramic photos taken with phones
- Allows creation of virtual tours using related photos
- Ability to add informational hotspots to images
- 7-day free trial
Pricing: The Basic Plan allows you to create one virtual tour and costs $3.99 per month. The Premium Plan comes with unlimited virtual tours and costs $6.99 per month. There is also an eCommerce Plan for $19.99 month which offers perks such as product import and adding product pages.
16. Photo Editor
High-quality and optimized images are among the most important content to use on any website. The Photo Editor app is one of the tools that helps Wix users create such content. You can use the app to edit, resize, crop, add a filter or animation to your images and photos.
- Wide variety of filters
- Watermarking and image protection
- Advanced hover effects
- Access to Unsplash free images library
- Customizable photo frames, albums, galleries, fonts, borders, etc.
Pricing: Free Plan only includes Instagram-style filters. Paid plans range from $3.18/month to $7.99/month, with varying additional benefits such as removing app watermark and access to advanced animations and hover effects.
17. Rollover Image Effects
With the Rollover Image Effects app, you can quickly and easily add a variety of stunning effects and animations to your images. Text effects and filters are included as well. The app’s functions allow you to create an interactive experience which can keep website visitors engaged for longer.
- Includes seven effects packs with over 60 different styles
- 3D tilting, animated tooltips, image distortion, moving text, etc.
- No coding skills required
- 14-day free trial
Pricing: Rollover paid plan costs $3.19 per month and includes all styles and animations.
18. Impressive Site Menu
The effectiveness of your menu navigation can affect how people use and interact with your site. Impressive Site Menu helps Wix website owners create a user-friendly menu and navigation. The app offers three menu levels, more than a dozen layouts, and over 600 icons to add visual interest to any site structure.
- Menu styles automatically adapt to your website colors, buttons, fonts, etc.
- Supports multiple languages
- Allows the addition of social media icons
- Ability to upload your own menu icons
- 7-day free trial and free plan
Pricing: Premium package costs $2.50/month and gives full access to all features
19. Wix Chat
The Wix Chat app allows prospective and current customers to send messages and get help with various questions surrounding your business. The app represents a convenient way for website owners to easily assist visitors when away, thereby helping to solve inefficiencies and challenges in customer service.
- Real-time notifications
- Ability to create automatic greetings
- Canned replies functionality
- Mobile-friendly, allowing replies on-the-go
- Includes lead capturing forms
20. Fera Reviews
Showing social proof to prospective customers is a great strategy for increasing sales for anyone with an eCommerce site. The Fera Reviews platform allows you to collect reviews and ratings from customers and display them on your Wix website. It invites customers to share feedback by automatically asking for reviews following orders.
- Customizable widgets to suit your website design and layout
- Reviews importation from Facebook and Google
- Supports image and video files in reviews
- Ability to decline or approve customer submissions
- Rewards functionality
Pricing: Free plan accommodates 10 review requests per month. Paid plans range from $5/month to $74/month, mainly depending on amount of review requests and number of active widgets.
21. Surveys and Polls
The Survey and Polls App allows Wix website owners to collect feedback from customers using surveys, polls, and forms. The free version of this Wix app can be used to create unlimited surveys. You can also pick from up to 20 different fields to use for reviews or feedback, including emojis, star ratings, or multiple choice selections.
- Custom auto-responders
- Syncs with Wix inbox and contacts, Mailchimp account, and Google Sheets
- Reporting capabilities
- Responses dashboard to monitor feedback
- Ability to limit submissions by user, date, and quantity
- Customizable design, including fonts and colors
Pricing: Free plan covers 25 form submissions per month. Paid plans range from $3.19/month to $12.69/month, mainly based on multi-page form benefits and removal of app logo.
22. Wix Blog
With more than 75% of online users reading blogs, it is a no-brainer to add one to your Wix website. Using the Wix Blog app can help to improve your web presence and increase traffic to your site. Moreover, publishing content with Wix Blog can assist with building your reputation as an expert in your field and give more identity to your brand.
- SEO enhancing capabilities
- Customizable to match your website branding
- Includes mobile friendly app
- Advertising and subscription monetization
- Includes convenient blog post sharing tools
Pricing: Free with a Wix subscription.
With over 400 apps in the Wix AppMarket, finding the best solutions can prove difficult. However, based on customer reviews and ratings, the options listed above are definitely among the best Wix apps to choose.
If you are interested in learning more about Wix, check out our Wix Guide which contains many articles and tutorials for Wix site owners.