To create a new Medium List while on your Apple or Android mobile device, the steps are pretty much the same, except that you will begin by tapping on the bookmark icon in the lower section of the app. It should be noted that the option to create a list will also show up while saving an article.
Adding stories to Medium Lists
Having created your lists, it is easy to add stories to them. All you need to do is locate the bookmark icon once you are signed in on Medium. This can be found directly on the story page that you are reading, on topic pages, or in the content feed on the homepage. When you click on the icon, you will see the option to save a story to your existing lists, as well as to create a new list. Stories are automatically saved to your Reading List.
How to manage Medium Lists
You can carry out a number of operations on your Medium Lists. For example, you can remove articles from a list, delete the list entirely, or even change the order of how the stories appear on the list. You can also add notes that give additional context to the list, as well as make those notes private to you or readable by the public. The steps to managing your Medium Lists are as follows:
- When signed in on desktop, click your profile picture while on the homepage.
- Click on “Lists” from the resulting menu.
- Select the specific list that you want to manage.
- Once on the list page, there are options to share it on social media using the share button, add stories to other lists you might have, or remove stories.
- There is also a three-dot button with additional options to delete the list, make it private/public, or change the order of the stories.
If managing your lists while using the Medium app on your mobile device, you would begin by clicking on the bookmark icon in the lower section of the app.