Kajabi is an all-in-one solution geared towards the market segment referred to as “knowledge entrepreneurs.” The platform is used by skilled professionals such as educators and business owners, as well as DIY creators looking to earn from a variety of digital products. As such, the platform is used for hosting online courses, creating membership websites, offering coaching services, podcasting, and building digital communities.
As it relates to selling courses, Kajabi makes it easy to build and launch online courses with its ready-made templates. The platform equips users with a variety of tools and features in the areas of sales-based landing pages, creating marketing emails, and setting up automations.
In addition, users have access to tools designed for creating course websites, managing students, setting up quizzes and assessments, and more. Having been around since 2010, Kajabi has helped over 50,000 users generate more than $3.5 billion in revenue.
Kajabi features include
- A mobile-friendly app for both iOS and Android, in addition to desktop access
- Various tools needed to create, market, and monetize learning content
- Assists creators with building and selling other digital products such as podcasts, memberships, and coaching services
- Support for up to three custom domains/websites
- Basic discussion forum and social networking features
- Drag and drop website builder
- Extensive email marketing and automation tools to help creators increase their earnings
- Built-in SEO
- Built-in email marketing and management tools means users do not have to spend on other solutions (unlike Thinkific)
- Integrated checkout allows creators to collect payments through Stripe or PayPal
- Unlimited video hosting means you can build courses with audiovisual content at no extra cost
- Has a reputation for providing great customer support
- Easy to get set up and launch an eLearning business, as well as other digital products
- 14-day free trial allows you to try out all the features before deciding to purchase a plan
- Does not offer a free plan (although there is a free trial)
- Among the most expensive Thinkific alternatives, with the cheapest option costing more than Thinkific’s middle tier
- Does not offer a robust learning management system as Thinkific or even Teachable
- No option to create unlimited courses
- Some reviews have mentioned that the website builder is lacking certain expected features
As mentioned, Kajabi is more expensive than many of its competitors – with the Basic Plan costing $149 per month, and the second tier (Growth Plan) being $199 per month. However, the Pro Plan, which is the most expensive plan for Kajabi, appears quite competitive at $399 per month when compared with other platforms. Additionally, you can get 20% off the listed prices when billed annually.