Best Social Media Holidays in May
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will receive a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Read our full affiliate disclosure here.
It can be challenging to keep up with constantly posting new content on social media. However, if you run a Facebook group, work in social media marketing, or are simply trying to raise awareness of your brand, you need to be posting regularly on social media. Luckily, there are a number of holidays each May that you can post about, if you are struggling to find new inspiration. Below is a list of the best social media holidays in May.
May Social Media Holidays
While this is not an exhaustive list of holidays (especially in the broader list of holidays celebrated globally), hopefully these major holidays can provide some inspiration for new posts!
- May Day (International Workers’ Day) – May 1st
- Cinco de Mayo – May 5th
- Mother’s Day – Second Sunday of May
- Memorial Day (USA) – Last Monday of May
- Ascension Day – 40th day after Easter
- Victory in Europe Day (V-E Day) – May 8th
- Shavuot – 50 days after Passover
- Eid al-Fitr – End of Ramadan
- Pentecost (Whitsunday) – 50 days after Easter
- Armed Forces Day (USA) – Third Saturday of May
- National Nursing Home Week (USA) – First week of May
- International Firefighters’ Day – May 4th
- Star Wars Day – May 4th
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day – May 8th
- World Migratory Bird Day – Second Saturday of May
- National Teacher Day (USA) – Tuesday of the first full week in May
- National Miniature Golf Day (USA) – Second Saturday of May
- World Fair Trade Day – Second Saturday of May
- International Day of Families – May 15th
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia – May 17th
- International Museum Day – May 18th
- National Bike to Work Day (USA) – Third Friday of May
- National Dance Day (USA) – Last Saturday of May
- World Hypertension Day – May 17th
I hope you found this article on the best social media holidays in May 2023, useful! It can be tough to keep up with the demands of social media, but with some careful planning, you can greatly reduce your stress!