There’s a little more behind how to build an email list for your blog than simply following the process – you’ll need some help. Email marketing software and services are designed to make email marketing easy.
From providing templates and advanced scheduling and automation features to integrating with multiple 3rd-party tools, offering detailed analytics, allowing you to build tag-optimized lists, and running entire campaigns, email marketing software is a must.
Almost all of these services use variable pricing models based on the number of subscribers you want to add to your lists. Most offer a free version (capped at a specified number of subscribers) as well as free trials, ranging from 14 to 60 days, to test out paid options. As your subscriber count grows, so too will your monthly fee.
We’ve selected some of the best email marketing software around. From free-to-use basic tools to paid, premium platforms, each program is different, but all of them are great at helping you to build email lists that work.
ConvertKit – Best for Bloggers and Content Creators
ConvertKit is one of the most well-known email marketing platforms around. Designed to make list-building and sending emails easy, ConvertKit is a breeze to learn and gets the job done. A great starting point in your email marketing journey.
- Cost: Free (up to 1000 subscribers) & then from $25/month.
- Why bloggers love it: ConvertKit is perfect for new bloggers and those unfamiliar with email marketing. It also offers pretty much everything you’ll need to build lists with great automation sequences and unlimited landing pages.
Mailchimp – Best for setting up lists fast
Mailchimp is another well-known email marketing tool that offers a broader range of email-related solutions without the features that some email list tools offer. The service provides a great selection of email templates to use and allows you to integrate with other tools you’re using smoothly.
- Cost: Free (up to a generous 2,000 subscribers) & then from around $10/month, depending on your subscriber count.
- Why bloggers love it: Mailchimp’s free version is behind why they have so many users. However, once you start paying for the service, the tool provides quickfire email marketing solutions that will have you churning out great email content without much effort.
Constant Contact – Best for bloggers looking for a rounded marketing platform
For people looking for a little more than an email marketing automation platform, Constant Contact takes things up a notch by providing a wider-ranging marketing solution that helps you to drive monetization strategies through email. Great for bloggers working in teams or with an established social media presence.
- Cost: Starting at $10/month (for up to 500 contacts)
- Why bloggers love it: Serious bloggers looking to scale their business and level up their marketing efforts will enjoy Constant Contact’s additional social media focus and expanded marketing campaign features.
Drip – Best for eCommerce bloggers in need of automated lists
If you’re a blogger who needs to give their eCommerce a boost, then Drip is the ideal email marketing software for you. eCommerce depends on successful promotions, and Drip provides the perfect tool for spreading the word about your eCommerce offerings.
- Cost: Free – forever! (Ok, for up to 100 subscribers, after which they automatically charge you).
- Why bloggers love it: Drip offers bloggers a well-balanced email marketing tool that ranks as one of the best for automation – perfect if you need to drive eCommerce sales quickly and efficiently through your email marketing.
SendPulse – an All-In-One tool for marketing and monetizing your blog and expertise
Looking to supercharge your blog’s email strategy? Look no further than SendPulse, a comprehensive email marketing tool that goes beyond the basics. With features like chatbots, a free CRM, landing pages, and a robust course creation platform, SendPulse empowers bloggers to engage their audience on multiple fronts. Craft visually stunning emails, automate campaigns, and seamlessly integrate a chatbot for personalized interactions. The free CRM keeps your contacts organized, while the landing page and course creation tools add versatility to your content. Discover a one-stop solution for effective blog outreach with SendPulse.
- Cost: FREE (Up to 500 subscribers) & then from $8/month. 20% discount with yearly billing.
- Why Bloggers Love It: SendPulse streamlines the blogging journey, offering an all-in-one toolkit that simplifies communication, organization, and content creation. Enjoy the flexibility to nurture your audience with personalized experiences, all within a user-friendly platform.